Sometimes dogs need one-on-one attention from a trainer. We provide Private Lessons in your home or neighborhood. We also provide Skype Lessons for those people who are in our service area (about a half hour drive from Hyde Park) or who are looking for all the benefits of a private trainer without the inconvenience of leaving your home. Private Lessons can be arranged when it is convenient for you.
Our Rates: While our rates are slightly lower than the average rate for Private Lessons, we understand that Private Lessons can still make a dent in your pocketbook. We try to be considerate of the needs of our clients and hope that among the various services provided by Canis Sapiens you are able to find one that fits your dog's needs as well as the limits of your budget.
In Private Lessons your dog can work on:
- learning basic obedience
- walking on a loose leash instead of pulling
- greeting visitors politely in the home
- walking past other dogs calmly
- learning new behaviors to replace attention seeking behaviors like barking, pawing and nipping
- being calm instead of anxious or fearful
- adjusting to life in their new home (in the case of puppies and rescue dogs) [NOTE: We strongly recommend Puppy Kindergarten for puppies because this class will allow your puppy to meet and interact with a variety of other people and dogs, explore a wide range of equipment and begin basic obedience training. To sign up for Puppy Kindergarten, click here.]
Hour-Long Private Lesson: $75.00 (To sign up, click here.)
4 Hour-Long Private Lesson Package: $276.00 (To sign up, click here.)
2.5 Hour Private Lesson Package: $185.00 (to be used in up to 4 Lessons) (To sign up, click here.) [NOTE: the 2.5 Hour Private Lesson Package is ideally for dogs with ONE behavioral issue that needs specific attention (for example, a dog that pulls on the leash during walks or barks when friends come to the house, etc. For dogs with multiple issues, sign up for one of our other Private Lesson Classes.).]
SKYPE 2.5 Hour Private Lesson Package: $165.00 (to be used in up to 4 Lessons) (To sign up, click here.) [NOTE: This package is ideally for dogs with ONE behavioral issue that needs specific attention (for example, a dog that pulls on the leash during walks or barks when friends come to the house, etc.). For dogs with multiple issues, sign up for one of our other Private Lesson Classes.]